Frequently asked questions about Skjáttan
Below you will find answers to frequently asked questions about Skjáttan.
If you are not able to find answers to your question on this page, you can contact our service desk by calling +298 351881 or by email email@example.com
Opening hours are weekdays from 8.00 to 16.30
Skjáttan can only be used in the Faroe Islands.
You can use Skjáttan when you need to identify yourself and proof of age and address.
The digital driving license is only meant as a supplement to the physical driving license. The digital driving license is valid to use if you get stopped in traffic by the police, or if need to show a photo ID.
If you have a driving license and it's not being displayed in Skjáttan, the reasons are most likely:
- You have a foreign driving license.
- The driving license is not registered correctly in Akstovan. You can log into Vangin and report your driving license by clicking the link below
Report Driving License
Please contact Akstovan if you need further help with the driving license.
In some of the driving licenses that were distributed between 1996 and 1998 do, no digital photo can be displayed.
Driving licenses without a photo are not valid.
For those whose photo is not visible in Skjáttan, you can receive a new driving license free of charge until 31. december 2023.
In order to get a new driving license, you need to go to Akstovan and bring your physical driving license and a photo for the new driving license.
Please contact Akstovan if you have questions.
There are a number of security measures made in Skjáttan, so that your information is not misused.
Examples of security measures are:
- The QR codes have a short life span - the codes are renewed after a short period of time.
- The cards contain a gyroscopic funtionality, where the colour changes as you move your phone.
- There is a live movement on the cards, so that is clear that the card is not just a picture.
- Information from the QR code are only displayed when scanned. The photo will disappear after a short time.
- You can only have your cards in Skjáttan stored in one device at the time.
The information that is being displayed is directly retrieved from the National People Register and the Driving License Register.
If there is information on the cards that is incorrect, you need to notify the authority in question to correct it.
- If there are errors in the Samleikakort, you need to contact the Faroese Environment Agency which maintains the National People Register. You can also log into Vangin and request to make corrections in the this self service on Vangin: Updates in the National People Register
- If information in your driving license is incorrect, please contact Akstovan.
If you lose your smartphone, you are able to log into Skjáttan with another phone. The cards will then be removed from the other device.
You need to have a valid driving license to use Skjáttan.
If your driving license is expired and you need to renew it, please contact Akstovan.
Skjáttan can only be used on one device at the time. If you register on a new device, your cards will automatically be removed from the other device.
The digital driving license in Skjáttan is only meant as a supplement to the physical driving license and is only valid for use in the Faroe Islands.
If you plan to drive abroad, you must remember to bring your physical driving license with you.
If you forgot your PIN, you can always log in again with Samleikin.
If you have gotten a penalty point (klipp) in your driving license, this will not be shown in Skjáttan. This is information that only the Police has in their system.
Skjáttan retrieves information from the National People Register and the Driving License Register from Akstovan.
The information is always updated, i.e all changes are shown as soon as they are registered - also if you lose your driving license.